Proven and Modern Protection for Critical Data from Ransomware and Destructive Cyber Attacks
Why Cyber Recovery
Data is the currency of the internet economy and a critical asset that must be protected, kept confidential and made available at a moment's notice. Today's global marketplace relies on the constant flow of data across interconnected networks, and digital transformation efforts put more sensitive data at risk.
This makes your organization's data an attractive and lucrative target for cyber criminals.
Cybercrime has been called the greatest transfer of wealth in history, and it is all about the data. Accenture estimates that $5.2 trillion of global value is at risk by cybercrime in the next 5 years. Regardless of the industry or size of the organization, cyber attacks continually expose business and governments to compromised data, lost revenue due to downtime, reputational damage and costly regulatory fines. The average annual cost of cybercrime per company increased to US$13M in 2018, a surge of 72% in just the last 5 years.
Cyber Recovery is the new Disaster Recovery
Cyber Recovery is very different from Disaster Recovery. While there are common components in Cyber Recovery and Disaster Recovery designs, Cyber Recovery systems have a few sophisticated components that set it apart. Both systems have compute, storage, networking, and a backup system replication target, but a Disaster Recovery system is connected to the production system at all times for continuous online replication. That means if data in your production system is compromised, more than likely you just replicated that compromised data to your Disaster Recovery system-which means this is not a good solution to protect you from a cyber attack.
Protect yourself against ransomware with Cyber Recovery
Cyber attacks are designed to destroy, steal or otherwise compromise your valuable data - including your backups.
Protecting your critical data and recovering it with assured integrity is key to resuming normal business operations post-attack. Could your business survive? Here are five components of a proven and modern cyber recovery solution:
(1) Data Isolation and Governance
An isolated data center environment that is disconnected from corporate and backup networks and restricted from users other than those with proper clearance.
(2) Automated Data Copy and Air Gap
Create unchangeable data copies in a secure digital vault and processes that create an operational air gap between the production / backup environment and the vault.
(3) Intelligent Analytics and Tools
Machine learning and full-content indexing with powerful analytics within the safety of the vault. Automated integrity checks to determine whether data has been impacted by malware and tools to support remediation if needed.
(4) Recovery and Remediation
Workflows and tools to perform recovery after an incident using dynamic restore processes and your existing DR procedures.
(5) Solution Planning and Design
Expert guidance to select critical data sets, applications and other vital assets to determine RTOs and RPOs and
The Challenge: Cyber Attacks are the enemy of data-driven Businesses
The Solution: PowerProtect Cyber Recovery
To reduce business risk caused by cyber attacks and to create a more cyber resilient approach to data protection, you can modernize and automate your recovery and business continuity strategies and leverage the latest intelligent tools to detect and defend against cyber threats.
Dell EMC PowerProtect Cyber Recovery from GlassHouse provides proven, modern and intelligent protection to isolate critical data, identify suspicious activity and accelerate data recovery allowing you to quickly resume normal business operations.
PowerProtect Cyber Recovery - proven, modern and intelligent protection to reduce business risks from cyber threats
- Cyber Recovery vault - The PowerProtect Cyber Recovery vault offers multiple layers of protection to provide resilience against cyber attacks even from an insider threat. It moves critical data away from the attack surface, physically isolating it within a protected part of the data center and requires separate security credentials and multifactor authentication for access.
- Additional safeguards include an automated operational air gap to provide network isolation. and eliminate management interfaces which could be compromised. PowerProtect Cyber Recovery from GlassHouse automates the synchronization of data between production systems and the vault creating immutable copies with locked retention policies. If a cyber attack occurs you can quickly identify a clean copy of data, recover your critical systems and get your business back up and running.
- CyberSense - PowerProtect Cyber Recovery is the first solution to fully integrate CyberSense which adds an intelligent layer of protection to help find data corruption when an attack penetrates the data center. This innovative approach provides full content indexing and uses machine learning (ML) to analyze over 100 content-based statistics and detect signs of corruption due to ransomware. CyberSense finds corruption with up to 99.5% confidence, helping you identify threats and diagnose attack vectors while protecting your business-critical content - all within the security of the vault.
- Recovery and Remediation - PowerProtect Cyber Recovery provides automated restore and recovery procedures to bring business critical systems back online quickly and with confidence. As part of PowerProtect Data Manager and for customers running Dell EMC NetWorker Cyber Recovery enables automated recovery from the vault. GlassHouse provides a comprehensive methodology for protecting data, as well as performing recovery operations for your data.
- Solution Planning and Design - GlassHouse can help you determine which business critical systems to protect and can create dependency maps for associated applications and services, as well as the infrastructure needed to recover them. The service also generates recovery requirements and design alternatives, and it identifies the technologies to analyze, host and protect your data, along with a business case and implementation timeline.
Protecting your vital data from cyber attacks requires proven and modern solutions. PowerProtect Cyber Recovery from GlassHouse can give you confidence that you can quickly identify and restore known good data and resume normal business operations after a cyber attack.